The multidisciplinary project promotes a disruptive response to the challenges faced by the aging population, in terms of environment, cities, and built spaces, creating new opportunities for economic players in various sectors. The aim of the project will be to reach out to market segments more focused on older people, such as residential care or hospitals.
The main objective is to achieve and validate an "Active, safe and healthy living" assisted living environment based on a pilot that will integrate solutions developed for new environments and spaces - personalized health throughout life, acting on several aspects:
• Support for the outreach care network (support for informal caregivers in managing daily activities, a web interface for filling in patient information, activity management; a playful and social application);
• Promotion of human functionality through physical and cognitive stimulation;
• Interaction of the built space through its digitization using augmented technologies;
• Development of new materials or adaptation of processing of existing materials that integrate (in an integrated way) sensors used by domotics solutions;
• Development of adaptable and transformable modular structures;
• Integration of sensory systems, monitoring, furniture and equipment in new or existing solutions of prefabricated modular building systems, allowing an agile change of the whole or isolated element and responding to programmatic human installations or specific needs.
• Evolve the Habitat concept, in line with the needs of different age groups;
• Prevent and treat illnesses in seniors;
• Promote active aging, well-being, and self-management of health;
• Integrated harnessing and informal health care;
• Combat the isolation of the senior population, reducing the "gap" between the other fringes of society.