Through a set of 6 PPS, it intends to develop, test and demonstrate a new generation of technologies, processes and products, leveraging the level of competitiveness of entities operating in the automotive sector in Portugal and their position in a global context. The technologies to be developed focus on the areas of vehicle architectures of the future, interiors of the future, structures and exteriors of the future, connectivity and sensor technologies, and flexible and digital production technologies.
Strengthen research, technological development and innovation.
• PPS1 - New vehicle architectures of the future: To develop, test and demonstrate new concepts and new ways of product development and validation, considering the connected, electric and autonomous car trends.
• PPS2 - Interiors of the future: To develop, test and demonstrate new materials and new processes in core areas of the national automotive cluster, namely following the thrid living space trend.
• PPS3 - Future structures and exteriors: To develop, test and demonstrate new materials and new processes in core areas of the Portuguese automotive cluster, namely structures.
• PPS4 - Sensing and connectivity technologies: To enable the industry for new competencies in the area of connectivity and sensing.
• PPS5 - Flexible and digital production technologies: To develop, test and demonstrate new technologies, methodologies and processes for the digital transformation of the national automobile cluster, in the context of Industry 4.0.
• PPS6 - Management, coordination and dissemination: Ensure the management and coordination of the PAC Project, namely in the technical-scientific, administrative and financial management and also in the wide dissemination and demonstration of results.
• SO1: Promote the mobilization between science and companies and the crossing of scientific, technological, and market knowledge around technologies, processes, and products for the automotive sector, to develop a set of innovative solutions at an international level susceptible to wide appreciation economic by the group of producers and users of technology that are part of the consortium;
• SO2: Strategically position the national automobile cluster in the global vehicle value chains of the future, namely in terms of technologies – products and processes – that will make it possible to face the main challenges and opportunities of the mobility paradigm;
• SO3: Enable the internationalization of the national automobile industry and the increase in exports, through the qualification of the industry and human capital and specialization around new technologies – products and processes – and emerging models of industrialization and operation;
• SO4: Encourage positive externalities in the national automobile sector, in particular producers and users of production technologies and the scientific community, through wide dissemination and dissemination of the results to be achieved.