In the current virtualized environments (NFV), the allocation of the necessary resources to support some Management and Orchestration services, raises new problems such as:
The objective of OREOS project is to design and implement an end-to-end orchestration platform for provisioning and managing critical services (such as vehicle communications, electrical distribution networks or emergency communications from public or private entities) in the context of fifth generation (5G) mobile communications. The project thus intends to address advanced technological challenges associated with the evolution of 5G networks, in particular the support of services based on ultra reliable and low latency communications (URLLC), which will be essential for the expected disruption in areas such as automotive or smart cities.
1. Enable a new generation of services and use cases supported by highly reliable and low latency connectivity, combining recent advances in 5G technologies, IoT and architectural models that exploit the high distribution of resources (e.g., Cloud, Fog, and Edge computing);
2. Develop and integrate multi-domain and context-sensitive algorithms that aim at the optimal allocation of computational and network resources taking into consideration the requirements of different components or stakeholders (e.g., network, virtualized resources, users) during the service lifecycle;
3. Design, implement and validate an intelligent platform capable of understanding and integrating different requirements in order to produce recommendations regarding resource allocation procedures;
4. Achieve greater efficiency in environments with high variability of orders and limited resources, through the adaptation of existing end-to-end Orchestration solutions and oriented to production environments to support the “IoT-Edge-Fog-Cloud” continuum concept in future 5G networks;
5. Integrate intelligent mechanisms and processes into service lifecycle management operations at the service infrastructure level (e.g.; instantiation, migration, repair, optimization);
6. Configure and integrate monitoring and data analysis systems oriented to production environments that allow the access of intelligent algorithms and mechanisms to contextual information from multiple domains ensuring administrative independence.