Our Laboratory for Informatics and Systems is looking for a person for a DevOps position.
The two main tasks of the applicant will be:
- Work with software developers, system operators (SysOps) and other production IT staff to oversee code releases and deployments, as well as manage the IT infrastructure that supports software code in dedicated, Multi-tenant or hybrid cloud environments;
- Incorporate and manage AI models, and respective data management pipelines, in the context of the software developed by the team.
What we offer:
- Analyze state of the art on real-time messaging platforms (e.g., Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ), the characteristics of hosting solutions (e.g., on-premises, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, AWS) and the main features of the leading orchestration mechanisms (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, KubeEdge) always considering the use of automation tools (e.g., Ansible, Jenkins, Puppet, GitHub Actions, GitLab, DVC);
- Provide support to the tasks and activities performed by the IPN LIS in the context of national or international projects (e.g., ARCADIAN-IoT , OREOS , Nexus).
What we are looking for:
- This work will be integrated into national and international research projects developed by IPN;
- The salary for this position will be determined according to the experience and background of the applicant.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent;
- Proficiency in Python, Bash, Java or similar programming languages;
- Good understanding of essential cybersecurity principles;
- Good grasp of software development techniques (debugging, testing, code review, etc.);
- Familiarity with basic data structures;
- Basic understanding of containers (e.g., Docker) on a user level;
- Proven experience in DevOps / CICD;
- Very Good English communication skills, both verbal and written (fluent);
- Willingness to learn and dive into complex problems;
- Ability to clearly communicate and be a team member;
- Critical thinking;
- Organization and sense of responsibility;
- Solution oriented thinking;
- Work independently but know when to pause and ask for help.
Applications can be sent by 28 February 2023
by sending your CV to email@example.com